Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Stagnation is Regression

Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
- John F. Kennedy

I am supposed to write 200 words a day, as the instructions clearly were set by my boyfriend a few weeks ago. I have been stagnating and struggling with the idea of being able to do so. This is the result of boredom, perhaps. Maybe it is just a lack of self-motivation. I can play all the iPhone-games I want in the meantime. Fact is, there is something to be said and why not say it here, other than keep it to myself, or quietly thinking it to myself in my head - oh, how great it would sound on paper, or typed out on this blog. I make up the perfect sentences in my head, sometimes I wish I had a dictating machine, it would make things easier. Maybe I should order one. I remember some kids had one in class last semester, to record the tougher lectures on American government and Iraq politics. I was jealous that I didn't have the money to get one myself. I guess it would have helped understand a few things a bit better (I got an A nevertheless, after writing an A+ paper about the USA as a spin-off of the Roman Empire). However, this needs to stop - I clearly have been fooling myself with thinking that telling these stories to myself in my head could be any more significant than writing them down. Here I am, being honest.

I watched a lot of movies lately. We got one of those movie passes that are only 20 Euro a month and then you can watch as many films as you may wish for that. An all-you-can-eat for movies. It is very convenient. So far we watched TO ROME WITH LOVE, SHADOW DANCER and YOUR SISTER'S SISTER, which all proved to be interesting in different ways. I want to write about the movies and what they evoked in me. There goes the material for the next few days. I am unsure what the theme was for today's essay, but maybe it is just about how I am trying to fight this stagnation. 340 words later, I feel a better person. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment